Monday, January 24, 2011

A "Freeze" In!

It's FREEEEEEEEZING out!!!! I have such a long list of Monday To-Do's, but I am going to focus mainly on the things I need to get done "inside" since its so darn cold out today. Blogging is one of those things, he he.
We had a pretty low key weekend, but we did get to go see our house!
I can't believe how FAST the contractors are moving!
They've come so far since we signed our contract less than 2 months ago.Its crazy that we saw our lot when it was just a big hole in the ground, then we saw the framing go up, then some exterior walls, and now its all sided! SO EXCITED!
I absolutely love how the house is looking right now. Originally the little wooden scallops on the peaks were going to be painted white, but since we are using a darker stain for the garage and front doors, I decided the peaks would look so great stained to match. (They are not stained yet in these pics, but soon!). I can't believe this is OUR HOUSE!

Even though we are picking out most of the finishes and details of our house, it's still a little nerve racking and very exciting to see things as they are being completed. I am probably most excited about seeing the how the kitchen turns out. It was definitely the room that gave me the most agita LOL.
Along the way, I've found so many great pictures for interior inspiration. I think my favorite of the kitchen is this one. This is pretty much our color scheme and fairly close to our cabinetry. We will have a dark espresso island, however. I also asked our kitchen designer to see if he could configure a built in window bench, and he is making it work for our space. I really really really can't wait to see how it all comes together! AHH!


Keep ya posted! STAY WARM!




No comments:

Post a Comment