Monday, December 13, 2010

Lights, Camera, Too Much Action ;-)

WOW. I am now realizing what a commitment blogging is. I have been trying to get on here to post since Saturday and, well, it just didn't happen. It was what I like to call a marathon weekend! Saturday turned into a crazy day... I was called at 8am to see if I would like to have a segment taped in Bella Ro for a reality show on the Style network. Of course, I said YES! SO exciting. We had some appointments in the morning to make some decisions on interior stuff for our house, then I ran back to the store to meet the crew! It was so cool to have all the cameras and excitement buzzing around. Will keep you updated on the air date :)

After the shooting, Jeff picked me up and we went to trade in our car. I am a very, very, very happy gal with our new car! It's a Nissan Rogue. Love it! So nice to finally have some trunk space, YAY! We got to my girlfriend Alicia's holiday party a little late because of the crazy day, but had a nice time hanging out with friends. I passed out by 12, ha!

Sunday was for sure my favorite day of the weekend (always is :). I began preparing for our annual "Christmas Eve Eve Eve" Party. Basically, my cousins and my sister and I do not get to see each other on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day like we used to. So we decided a few years back to start a new tradition of getting together a week or two before Christmas to celebrate, sing carols, and exchange gifts.... BEST DAY OF THE YEAR :) This year Jeff & I are hosting. Sunday I baked about 150 of my "Grandmas Cookies", a staple at Christmas Eve for most of my life :) YUM.

I spent Monday packaging the cookies as favors for my cousins to take home. I also put together some "Loco Hot Cocoa" sets for each of our guests to take home. The kit includes peppermint hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, a vial of Happy Potion (aka-Peppermint Schnapps), and candy cane to mix it all up. I love how they all came out! I have such a hectic week, so I stayed up until about 12:30 getting everything done for the gifts.


Friday I will bake some yummy desserts and Saturday will work on the food! Can't wait! It's going to be an awesome weekend!!!



Now, off to work!






No comments:

Post a Comment